Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frustration

Tomorrow is weigh in day. The scale is showing a 0 weight loss. I have been so very good, eating within my points, working out 4 times a week, totally following the rules. However I think this week I’m going to weigh in the same as last week. How is it possible to eat correctly and workout but not lose any weight in 7 days? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mad. I’m not throwing the towel in. I’m not even close to giving up. But I just don’t understand. I know I dropped a lot of weight the first 2 weeks. I totally expected that. I also know that my body will have to ‘catch up’. Again, totally expect that too. But what I didn’t expect is to not lose ANY weight for a whole week. I honestly thought I’d start to see the 1 or 2 pound weeks, but not a 0 week. I’m the type of person that needs to see results. Again, no worries, I’m totally committed to it… BUT JUST GIVE ME SOME RESULTS DARN IT! So, we will see how tomorrow goes at weight in. Keep all fingers crossed for me.
I spoke to Amy (you remember, that trainer I might have previously referred to as the devil a couple of blogs back) at the gym today. She said it would do me good to do another assessment 30 days into my new lifestyle. So in a few weeks I will go through the weighing, measuring, and flexibility (oh the fun) tests to see those results. I need to see results.
David has been out of town sense Friday last week. I miss him big time. He’s in Gent, Belgium working. His project seems to be going well and he seems to be having fun. He toured a castle, which was really cool he said. He also said he got some good pictures I will post when he gets home.
Keep those fingers crossed for me right at 4:00 pm tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weight is a subjective measure of health. I know it's the number we attach to it but there is a lot more happening to your body as you work out.

You are burning fat and creating muscle as you exercise. Muscle weighs twice as much as fat. So although you may not be losing weight, you are positively changing the composition of your body mass.

Muscle is the engine in the body that burns fat. As you gain more muscle you will accelerate the amount of fat you burn. This process is gradual but over time it becomes the mechanism your body will use to stay healthy.

Keep at it! It's a long road but realize your goal is to change your body and not just your weight.

Ben