Friday, February 20, 2009

A loss but not by much….

I weighed in last night. I’m down another 0.2 pounds. That brings me to 16.2 pounds in 4 weeks. I feel great about this. I really do. I was expecting to be down more than 0.2 pounds, but I need to look at it as it was at least a loss and not a gain. I also stuck to the gym thing, 4 times again! Wahoo! They are now offering 25% off fruit smoothies (only 4 WW points!!!) on Sundays… so maybe I’ll hit it 5 times this week and reward myself with a fruit smoothie.
David just got back into town last night. It’s so wonderful having him home!! He just makes my life so much easier. It’s amazing. Last night while I was giving the girls their baths somehow the kitchen got clean and the dishwasher got loaded. Oh, then while I was reading to Ashlynn, both the girls lunches got packed for the next day…. It’s almost like magic… but it’s David. I swear he is the best husband and father I could even wish for.
Now, I’m starting to prepare myself for my first international (if you don’t count Rocky Pointe) vacation. David has business in Belgium again… so I’m tagging along. He flies out Feb. 27. I will leave March 3 to meet him. I’ll explore Gent, Belgium while he works for a few days then we’re off to Paris, France. We’ll take a train from Belgium to Paris and spend 2 ½ days in Paris. I cannot even begin to find words to explain how excited I am about this vacation. Paris with my husband! This is a trip of a lifetime for us. I’m actually looking forward to the long flight out there by myself. For the flights I have checked out Stephenie Meyers’ Twillight and New Moon books from the library. I will get to read grown up books! Well, actually they are young adult, but still there will be no rhyming or pictures! Oh, I will also be splurging on a new Sudoku book to have for the flight. Any other suggestions for 20+ hours of traveling by myself?
Equal to my excitement is my guilt for leaving my girls for 6 days. I have never been away from Ashlynn or Brianna that long. They will be staying at my parent’s house, which always seem like a party at their house. Ashlynn is already excited about going and thinks it will be cool to spend 6 nights at grandma’s house. I just know I will miss them terribly.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! Paris! That is so exciting. Take lots of pictures and blog when you get back!!!

Amy said...

Have fun!!!! This will be good for all of you!!!