Friday, September 5, 2008

Not very good at Blogging.....

Clearly, I’m not very good at the blogging stuff. So, hold on to your seats for a long blog… with lots of pictures!

The end of July was the ‘girls’ trip to Vegas. Now, it’s not what you would typically think of as a ‘girls’ weekend in Vegas. It was my mom, my sister in law, and my mother in law. We had fun. I won. I shopped. I ate. Does it get much better than that?

After I got back from Vegas, 4 days later we were off for Disneyland! All had great fun! Thank gosh for speed passes! We must of rode Buzz Light Year 4 or 5 times a day! I was surprised at how many rides a 15 month old can go on!


Then off to Rock Falls, IL. Now, typically we fly into Chicago and hop in the rental car and drive the 3 hours to Rock Falls. Not this time. We spent some time in the Windy City. Chicago is awesome. After we got to our hotel, the boys (David, dad, and brother) took off to catch a Cubs game. They had an awesome time sitting in the ‘bleachers’ with all the partiers. Something tells me that they will be doing that again. Mom, Ashlynn, Brianna, and I took in American Girl store. We had dinner there and did some serious shopping. After the American Girl store, us girls took a horse drawn carriage ride down Michigan Ave & the waterfront. It was wonderful!





Then we were off to Rock Falls to do the family thing. It was so much fun watching Ashlynn play with all of her cousins. The older cousins played with Brianna (who was not her happy self at all!). For some reason our good byes was harder than normal for me this year. I think it had to do with seeing Ashlynn playing with her cousins. She is the youngest (except for Brianna) but she did a really good job keeping up with them. She also admires Brittany so much. Brittany is my cousin’s 15-year-old daughter. Brittany makes a perfect role model. I just wish that Ashlynn & Brianna were closer to their cousins. Instead, we settle for once every 2 year visits.

Although.... I guess that is why I hold on so dearly to my freinds here. I have no extended family here, so you guy's are MY FAMILY!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You don't have to be related to be family. Love you.

Amy said...

Looks like you've been having a great time. Cute pictures. That's my favorite thing about blogs. :)