Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family updates from a pretty boring family

Wow, where does the time go? Some times I feel like someone has a fast forward button and likes to play games with me. We’ve been busy with just life, nothing exciting at all. I don’t have anything new to report. Weight is the same. Not up, not down. Kids are good, with the exception of a cough they can’t seem to shake. Now David has a sore throat. Good times. Ashlynn had a teeth cleaning yesterday. Everything looks great. He took a look in Brianna’s mouth… poor little girl is cutting 4 teeth right now (2 of them are her molars) No wonder everything is going straight into her mouth to chew!
Went to the cabin for the 4th of July. We went to the Park's Parade. Well, the dime size hail put a damper in that plan. My poor mom and her friend drove there on the quads! What's a girl to do when in a hail storm riding on a quad... ride to the closest bar and wait the storm out! Good for them!!
Ashlynn went fishing for the first time. She loved it.... for about 15 minutes and then she was done. She was too cute in her pink hat, pink princess fish pole with matching backpack, and her pink princess tackle box!! (sorry about all the pictures, they are from my camera phone... not the best quality)



We went to Tempe Marketplace for dinner the other night. It was just one of those wonderful nights. We walked, we laughed, we (Ashlynn mostly) even skipped. Brianna was being a little independent. She wouldn't ride in the stroller, so I tried to carry her, but that's not what she wanted. So I put her down to hold her hand... still not what she wanted. She wanted down to walk all by herself. Every time she would take off in the wrong direction, I would take her by the hand. She would then squat in a sumo position (all her weight in her butt) and stay there until I would let go of her hand. As soon as I let go of her hand, she would pop up and start walking again. It was one of the funniest things she's done! I'm telling you, this kid is going to have me running!!! While walking we came across a splash pad. Ashlynn had fun getting wet and chasing Brianna. Brianna thought it was a game to see how close she could 'sneak' up to the spouts before it 'saw' her and sprayed water out. She would than run laughing! I have decided here is nothing as sweet sounding as kids laughing! You know those great big belly laughs!




Hoping to get some scrap-booking done this Friday. I have too many pages to even count that I’m behind on!!! Wish me luck.
That’s the Hightower’s in a nut shell.










2 comments:

Amy said...

Woo Hoo! Fabulous update and wonderful pictures. Pictures you wouldn't have mind you, if you didn't have that camera phone. Use it! I hope you are going to the same place I am Friday???

Cynthia said...

Love the stories! And, couldn't agree more with you about the sound of kids laughing. Your family stories make me smile (especially the skipping part). I am picturing all 4 of you skipping along!! :)